Tuesday 17 April 2018

Portraiture Business

I have never really mentioned this during my time on degree - but every summer holiday since being at university I have been taking on portraiture commissions. I started painting portraits, mainly working in oils on canvas, during my A level studies at school. When painting a portrait I enjoy using thick and textural applications of paint, mainly with a palette knife, and bold colour. I work hard to capture the unique personality of each subject, often meeting with them and taking a series of photographs before starting any commission.

Following on from degree I do not see it as something I would like pursue full-time, but it is useful as an extra source of income and I do enjoy doing it - even though it is so different to my illustration practice I have developed here on degree.

In light of this I have made a website that I am currently advertising on a number of different platforms. The website includes a short description of what I do, a gallery of images and relevant contact details - here is live link: https://www.emilychafferpaints.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment