Friday 28 October 2016

Banana Magnet Workshop

I must say I was a bit sceptical and nervous about the idea of cross-course collaboration, but despite my reservations I actually really enjoyed myself within this workshop. I was in the animation group that eventually produced the app "Hangry Hi-5". 

On reflection of working within groups and collaborating with other courses, I think I enjoyed myself the most when we were working as one collective group towards this final goal. At this stage, the room felt so busy and alive, and the concepts were making real progress because there were so many people available to bounce around ideas and produce work. At the smaller group stages the idea generation felt more stunted.


At both of the latter stages I was working on marketing, research and the final presentation. Marketing is something that I have never really done before, but was surprised by my basis of understanding. In terms of my role within a group I think I am outspoken and offer ideas, but am not a leader or organiser. I prefer to be assigned jobs rather than be assigning them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment