Tuesday 18 October 2016

Rainbow Art Fair

This weekend I was a part of an exhibition in aid of the Rainbow Trust (https://rainbowtrust.org.uk/), a children's charity my family have been involved in for a number of years. Last Thursday evening I went back home to help with the setting up of the exhibition and organisation for the opening night. It was a one of first experiences I have been involved in like this and I must say that I found it really valuable. I managed to sell 3 prints and got overall very positive feedback for my work. 



I would say that the work I put into the exhibition was split into two categories - work that I like but does not reflect my current practice (above), and more experimental/abstract work that accurately demonstrate my interests (below). I did not sell any of the pieces that I personally prefer, which could be seen as a negative reaction - although before the exhibition I did feel that putting it in was a risk, as I would not consider the demographic naturally suited to this kind of work. They preferred more sort of traditional and countryside'y work - animals, landscapes, still life ect. I will be conscious to better tailor my work to my audience next time, although I am still glad I put work in that reflects 'me'.


No comments:

Post a Comment