Thursday 10 November 2016

Study Task 2

PUBLISHING AND BOOK DESIGN
EDITORIAL AND REPORTAGE
I think that my current practice identifies most effectively with these two creative industries. This may be due to the context in which our college briefs situate themselves, but also partially fuelled by my own personal ambitions as I enjoy creating images that are largely research based in their production and highlight relevant/current issues. I do, however, sometimes feel that my work may be too symbolic and abstract to be effective within creative industries that focus on communication to a large audience. 

RETAIL AND MERCHANDISE
OBJECT AND ENVIRONMENT
Recently, towards the end of Level 5, and beginning of this academic year I have had a growing interest in illustrative products, concerning homeware, ceramics and clothing. I am inspired by illustrators such as bfgf that have created their own art brands, and generate income through selling products such as cushions, rugs, ceramics - as well as paintings and prints. I would like my practice to progress into these creative industries as I feel that producing illustrative objects would be enjoyable for me, as well as a good source of income; however I do think that committing my practice entirely to generating this kind of work would be frustrating in its lack of intellectuality and social relevance. 
Lilian Martinez (owner), setting up a bfgf pop up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment