Thursday 9 March 2017

'Out of Order', Level 6 exhibition at Colours May Vary

I thought that the 'Out of Order', level 6 exhibition at Colours May Vary was very well thought out and put together. I think all their promotion - posters, instagram and window display - was very effective and professional. 


These were my personal favourites displayed in the exhibition, simply because they align quite well with my own taste in illustration and what I value in my own practice. I really liked how they displayed the prints, with the business card holder underneath so if people like the work they can then contact the illustrator. 


I had a look at some of the business cards in order to get some inspiration for the making of my own in the future. Molly Fairhurst's particularly caught my eye, first because of the image, but also because it was a sticker. I think this is such a great idea - giving a business card a function ultimately makes it more attractive, it also shows that you are an inventive and playful practitioner (I think so anyway). 

All I can say is that I can't wait to organise one of our own exhibitions as a group of illustrators hopefully in the future and even more hopefully in Colours May Vary!

No comments:

Post a Comment