Thursday 9 March 2017

Visit to Studio 24, Mabgate

It was exciting to visit studio 24 and see where we will be holding our group exhibition. The space has a very industrial, on trend feel to it and so is somewhere I would love to see some of my work exhibited. The only problem I would identify is that in terms of the amount of people involved, and could be viewing the exhibition, one could say the space is quite small.  However I guess this where planning comes in to find the most effective and strategic way of displaying everyones work. 

I had a look at the website to see how events have used the space in the past. I really like the idea of using these free-standing displays as I think they really suit the tone of space, as well as just being really effective in providing extra platforms through which to display work. 


Adjusting the positioning of these walls, especially using them high-up to display animation, I think could look really interesting as well as provide more space below to display work of graphic design and illustration.


This exhibition is also a really good opportunity to promote my work. I like the idea of having a stall to sell prints, or even red dots to place on peoples work to then provide prints later to those who have purchased them. I think I would also like to make some business cards to display under my work or even give to people on the launch night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment