Sunday 15 May 2016

Final Print




  • I am quite happy with the final outcome in print, I think that colours have come out well and the handmade quality of the collages has not been lost through digital processes - I think this is because I simply just touched them up instead of adjusting levels or anything like that as well…
  • I prefer it as a cube rather than the final thing, as a poster I think it looks quite strange, and perhaps I should have chosen a more restricted colour palette because they do clash a little bit. 
  • I also wish that I had maybe done the text digitally to match with the black outlines of the net. I also think that this would have looked more professional - the coloured pencil seems to have this weird quality when printed. 
  • Overall I think the concept of this being a building block for my future practice, and each face of the cube representing one component within this is thoughtful and effective. 
  • I think that the aesthetic of the collages effectively represents my interest in colour, shape, texture and composition that has developed over this year, and my desire to simplify information in order to achieve something more abstract that 'evokes a feeling'. 
  • Furthermore as I have said before the most important factor for me this year has been my discovery of shape as a process and aesthetic that works really well for me - therefore I think the fact that my poster can be made in to a shape is also really appropriate to this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment