Saturday 14 May 2016

Olivier Kugler



I found the lecture by Olivier Kugler really inspiring. I had never really thought of reportage illustration being something I would be interested in, especially as my work now is generally quite abstract and non-representational.  But now, I think that it is such an important and impactful genre of illustration because it tells real-world stories, some concerning really relevant and urgent global issues. I like to think that I have opinions about the world and the events that go on in it, and sometimes I think that I really want to use my ability to make pictures as a force for change or at least to bring awareness to something important. I would definitely like to consider this as I continue to develop my practice. A common theme in many Big heads, and lectures from professionals is also the importance of personal work and being active in sourcing projects - and I think Olivier Kugler made it clear that this has been the key to much of his success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment