Saturday 14 May 2016

Roughs

The idea is that the six sides of the cube each have a collage representing these themes:
  • Blogging and reflection
  • productivity and the importance of marks
  • roughing and composition
  • crafting and process
  • simplicity and evoking a feeling
  • intent and play


I started experimenting with making some images in response to these themes using two colours of cut paper and coloured pencils - which I like working in combination. I'm not really sure about these though, I think that they're too representational and don't really sum up my practice at all. I think I want to go back to doing something more abstract, using symbols to communicate these themes. 


I also tried making these in gouache, but I'm not sure if I want to use this as my media for the poster. Painting gouache onto paper and then cutting it out creates this pigmented powder that makes it really messy and look poorly crafted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment